samedi 7 mai 2011

[PRESSE SCANS] Pantalla Semanal Scans - May 2011

+ translation...

Photobucket


Translation...

Robert Pattinson bears his teeth: The post Twilight era has begun for him. Even though he still has two dates with Edward Cullen, Robert Pattinson has begun a crusade to prove there is life after the sexy vampire. ‘Water for Elephants’ is his first try. Accompanied by Reese Witherspoon he faces his first role as a classic heartthrob. The British actor tells us how he faces this challenge.
“Strange.” That’s how Robert Pattinson describes everything he’s going through. He uses the adjective in almost every phrase because it is the one that best defines his life and fame. It’s all Edward Cullen’s fault – the success, celebrity and money, but also of shut in life. The lovesick vampire of the Twilight Saga has turned him into an object of adoration for legions of fans. Nobody, not even himself, believed in his talent. Just before getting the role that 3,00 actors fought for, he was about to give up on his dream. When his named was announced as the protagonist for the film adaptation of Stephenie Meyers’ novels, 75,000 fans signed a petition against him. He shut everyone up. Water for elephants, which opens this Friday, is his opportunity to show he is moving forward. In person he is friendly, somewhat shy, and, why not say it, as charming as any of his fans expect. It is also hopeless to deny he is handsome without trying: his hair is short, wears a striped shirt, gray hoodie, jeans and Doc Marten boots. He has fun laughing at himself. This is why when he says on his lonely nights he dedicates them to getting drunk it’s hard to tell if he’s joking or serious…

P. Did your parents take you to the circus when you were young?

R: I went once. It’s a shame to lose that tradition. The clowns and contortionists that worked in the film told me that in the US there is only a couple of surviving circuses. All of these artists belong to families that have dedicated themselves to this for generations, but now their kids only want to play video games. The circus is dead and it’s sad because it’s more fun than TV.

P: You get beat up a couple of times in the movie, does the circus world resemble that of the cinema?

R: Well, in Hollywood no one has literally split my face open. Although in films the beat me up a lot. I only hope it’s not on purpose (laughs). You always hear stories of horrible shoots, but I’ve been lucky and have never worked with lunatics.
P: You share a lot of scenes with the elephant and even cried when they took her away, you liked working with her that much?
R: Yes. They took me to meet her before reading the script. She was playing with her baby and doing tricks. We got along well from the beginning, so much so that she grabbed me by the leg and raised me off the floor. I told myself, ‘Even if this is the worst movie I’ve ever done, I want to work with this animal.’ I also filmed with a baby giraffe that was nervous because they had her tied up to the tiger’s cage. N one could calm her down and I approached her, gave her something to eat, and for some reason she calmed down and started licking my head. Suddenly I became Mr. Animal Man. I swear to you it was magical! It was the same with the lion. I ran my hand through his back and he behaved like a domesticated dog. I want all my jobs to be like this.
P: It seems like the Great Depression is in, why do you think it creates such fascination?
R: I supposed it’s because we are now immersed in another one. The success of Boardwalk Empire amazes me because I never thought people would be so interested in that era. The Great Depression was the end of the Savage West. America was redefined; it stopped being the land of infinite opportunity and “do whatever you want”
You can read the rest of the interview at Let Me Sign


source: ToR ...
scans: Edward&Bella
translation: PattinsonLife via Let Me Sign

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire