lundi 2 septembre 2013

[PRESS SCAN] Wienerin Magazine (Austria) - Sept.

...

 photo w1.jpg

 photo w2.jpg   photo w3.jpg
translation...
"Finally All Grown Up"
“For years I had the Twilight movies. Now, if you take a break for two years, there are 50 other actors there to replace you.”
“Luxury means to not have to worry.”
“Traditional masculinity doesn’t work any more.”
(...)

Not an easy catch.
Robert Pattinson about masculinity, luxury, and his personal style.

How do you feel as the new face of the Dior fragrance?(...) The Dior man stands for luxury and natural elegance. What do these attributes mean to you personally?
The first thing that comes to my mind is an implied efforlessness. I think true luxury means to not have to worry about anything. When I shot the Dior film I actually really felt like that.
As the face of Dior Homme you’re supposed to speak to men your age. How would you describe your generation?I’m 27 and I’ve just realized that no one is treating me like a child anymore. It feels weird to suddenly feel like an adult (...)
What does masculinity mean to you?…express certain ambiguities in a character. You’re both reliable and wild or is loving and carefree at the same time. I don’t know if that is something I’d associate with masculinity. I just know that the code has changed massively over the past few years.
Traditional masculinity is often associated with the image of the “Lonely Cowboy”. Is freedom something important to you?Absolutely. Once you’ve become a part of the public eye, your professional life is often confined. You’re stereotyped and caught in a certain character who people associate you with. Sometimes I like to make a joke out of manipulating the way people perceive me. I want artistic freedom even if it’s just to challenge myself over and over again. One of my latest roles, in “The Rover”, was very liberating by the way. We shot the movie in Australia, in the middle of nowhere. The character I play doesn’t have any teeth and was covered in mud and dirt from head to toe. But I didn’t care. I was running around half naked and was able to do things you usually can’t do when you’re constantly watched.
Usually the characters you play are pretty stylish. How would you describe your own style?
I have a couple of good basics that I wear day after day. When it comes to clothes, the most important thing for me is how they’re cut. As long as a piece of clothes fits well I don’t care about the rest. Then I wear it until it literally falls off of me.
Do you have any role models when it comes to fashion?
Jack Nicholson. I’ve always liked people for whom clothes are a mere necessity. It’s probably a man thing. I like things that are durable with regards to trends, things that are of top quality, [things] that last long. I always thought that it was cooler to only have one outfit – but one that you can wear to anything and anywhere.

What Robert Pattinson Really LovesWhat’s your…

…place to go to when you want to relax?Rural England.
…favorite book?Everything by Martin Amis.
…favorite singer?Probably Van Morrison.
…you’re preferred time of day?Depends on what I did the day before.
…favorite moment from the past?I don’t really have one… But probably one that has to do with music.
…favorite animal?My two dogs.
…favorite word?Yes!


source: RPL via TBB
scans: @evendia
translation: @KStewandRPatz

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire