mardi 13 septembre 2011

Sarah Gadon about Robert Pattinson in "Cosmopolis"...

... 
 
Photobucket

from Toronton Sun
The sexually stalemated Emma (who nonetheless keeps the equilibrium in the Jung marriage) was followed by the role of Elise Shifrin in Cronenberg’s just-wrapped adaptation of Don DeLillo’s Cosmopolis. “I play Robert Pattinson’s wife, a woman from a wealthy New York family who’s also a poet and artist and believes she shouldn’t engage in any sexual relationship while she’s creating her art, and that obviously informs her marriage.”
So, we sum up, she’s gone from one sexually dysfunctional marriage in a Cronenberg movie to another. “Is there any other kind of relationship in a Cronenberg movie?” she quips.
As good-humoured as she is, things are getting serious for Gadon these days. The Toronto girl is leaving behind a childhood and adolescence of roles in shows like Are You Afraid of the Dark, Mutant X and Doc for serious cinema.
“A lot of the work I did in television when I was younger I did as a result of what was shooting in Toronto,” she says. “But when it became my area of study, it changed my approach to what I do.”
Filming with Cronenberg was another form of film school. She says she’d often be perched over his shoulder looking at monitors, taking note of how he’d use blocking to choreograph a scene. “Working with him is a step up and a move-up in my growth as and actor and artist.”
you can read the whole article HERE


source: Toronton Sun via Cosmopolis Film

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire